Monday, May 17

Merry-go-round


I can't change you but I can change me

It's taken me awhile to get that

But now I see...

That no matter what I say

Or what I do

You hear me and still do you

And so we keep spinning 'round and 'round

So dizzy and sick

I can't see the ground

Don't try to get me

It just gets twisted

In fact the point I'm making now-

You've surely missed it

And so we keep spinning 'round and 'round

Can you hear the cracks splintering?

I can't take the sound

And I can't tell if it's me or you

Losing grip as we fall

I'm finally ready to admit

I feel like letting go

It's okay

Don't worry

I don't expect you to change

I just know I can't stay the same

I've finally decided that's it

I'm free

I can't change you but I can change me


By Angela Nichelle Bradley

No comments: