Wednesday, March 16

Take Nothing For Granted...

I'm so happy the weather is finally warming up. There's nothing like warmer temps and a little sunshine to brighten one's mood! The beautiful weather here is like a gift, but I can't help but think of the people in Japan battling the aftermath of Mother Nature at her fiercest. My heart and prayers go out to that nation.

It's hard for me to concentrate or be creative when such terrible things happen. I feel guilty for enjoying even the simplest pleasures when so many are barely making it through the day. Writing has always been an escape, a wonderful escape that makes me happy...no fulfills me in ways I never expected. Tragedies like the one unfolding in Japan make me pause even more frequently to appreciate the good things in my life.

My family is whole, safe and happy...nuts some days, but there's a lot of love to get us over the bumps. We are not suffering for the basics: Shelter, water, food, medicine and love. I wish that were true for every single person on this planet.

We all deserve the basics and so much more. More than anything, I'm realizing to take nothing for granted...cherish the people in your life and appreciate even the tiniest conveniences.

~AN

No comments: