Thursday, August 27

Synopsis Anyone?

Everything that I've read or heard about writing a good synopsis is true. Trying to compress almost three hundred pages of material into a few pages is quite difficult. There's a lot of advice online on how to write a synopsis, but some of the things I've read seem unclear.

Like, how many pages it should be. Should it be single or double spaced? Should I open with a question or a funny hook? The more information I read about creating a stellar synopsis, the more confusing the process seemed. I know what the objective of the synopsis should be, but I still haven't quite gotten it down on the paper the way I want.

This is much harder than writing the actual book, but I'm going to keep at it until something jumps off the page that captures the life and essence of my novel.

Wish me luck!

No comments: