Friday, September 11

Weary Query

After looking at many different query models, I finally worked up my courage to write my own. The synopsis was harder to pen, but I still found myself spending several hours and a couple of days rereading my query, in an effort to capture the right tone and flair.

The query is your first shot at getting your foot in the door. That's a lot of pressure! It's more than a little nerve-racking trying to convey my hopes as a writer, my ambitions as an author and sell what I believe is a great book in just a few short paragraphs.

Somehow you are supposed to entice, impress and encourage the editor to take a look at your manuscript. Did I achieve my goals? Will my query get me through the elusive doors of the publishing house I desire?

Time will tell.

No comments: