Thursday, January 14

A Prayer for Haiti

It's hard to comprehend news of a horrible tragedy befalling another group of people miles and miles away. Many feel compelled to watch the devastation unfold and others can't bear to look at each horrible detail. I fall into both groups. I watch for awhile horrified, wondering how some of us on this planet are hit with the worse possible circumstances and others coast by seemingly without ever having to face such pain and loss.

Now, I know everyone has problems and we all face tough times but most of us haven't had to face such enormous challenges or heartbreak. It all seems so unfair sometimes. And yes, I know the ole' adage, "Life isn't fair," and "Everything happens for a reason," but these trite clichés don't give me any peace.

Tonight, as I lay in my warm bed, I will think and pray about my brothers and sisters in Haiti still searching for loved ones, still waiting for medical care, food and water. Tonight, I will pray for Haiti and for others around the globe fighting to survive, fighting just for their right to thrive.

~AN

Ways to help:


No comments: