Sunday, February 21

Book Trailers 101

Last week I figured out how to create my own book trailer! This is something I did not think I could do on my own. I'm lucky to have a sister who is a professional graphic designer and willing to lend her awesome talent to design my web pages, banners and logos. I'm extremely thankful for her help and I know she'd pitch in and do more but I wanted to see what I could do with this book trailer business solo.

I hadn't a clue where to begin. I knew of software I could purchase, looked up a few to see what they offered and at what cost but spending extra money wasn't an option right now. So, I goggled how to make a book trailer and came across another author's blog in which she talked about using Windows Movie Maker. I blinked and realized . . . "hey, I've got that!" I read about her experience using the program and immediately opened up the application.

At first I was apprehensive if I could figure out the details and make a trailer that would be worth my time and decent enough to share with the world. I plowed through the instructions but soon decided to simply dig into the process and I'm happy to say after several attempts and a few technical glitches, I made my first book trailer!

Better yet, I enjoyed this new creative outlet. I am a heart a creative person and finding just the right photos and text to go with it all was fun albeit a little time consuming. Both me and my husband are musicians and creating the music for the trailer together was something I'll always remember and treasure. He created the music and I improvised on the vocals and when it was finally finished I was happily surprised with the end result.

The book trailer for Cupid's Arrow ended up being just as important as the story itself. I worked hard on it and I'm proud to say, well, I'm proud of it. I'm looking forward to making many more in the future, honing my craft and maybe investing in more sophisticated software in the months ahead.

See the trailer for Cupid's Arrow!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Angela, I love that you've created your own book trailer on Windows Movie Maker! I like playing with that too, though I'd never thought to try making a book trailer before, I like it! :)

Angela :)

http://agalaxyofdreams.blogspot.com
http://angelabradleyart.blogspot.com

Angela Nichelle said...

Thanks so much, Angela! It was a little time consuming but I enjoyed the entire process of creating it on my own. :)