Sunday, August 1

From the Beginning to The End...


"The End," there's nothing like writing those two words at the end of a story. After months of writing, plotting, editing and re-editing a WIP, it's such a relief to finally be done. And yet, I always feel a little lost after I've submitted the work. It's hard letting go of the characters that have consumed your world for so many months. I've taken almost a week off from writing and now I'm ready to start my next story. I'm looking forward to immersing myself in my current project. I need the creative distraction as I await word from the publisher!

Now, I just have to decide which story to tell. I've got several tempting ideas. I think I'll let the characters in my head duke it out. The loudest heroine's voice wins! I will set up a very brief plot outline and dig in. I love the slight uncertainty of how the book will shift and change as the story unfolds while I write. Most of all I just love being creative. I'm so happy I've found another way to express myself and my passion for, well, passion, love and romance!

~AN

(photo courtesy of
Kriss Szkurlatowski)

No comments: