Tuesday, May 3

Bigger Dreams...


I just finished watching President Obama and his wife, Michelle on Oprah. No matter what you think about his policies or how he's handling the job of presidency, there's no denying his commitment to this country or his family.
How wonderful it is to see the President with his wife. The two of them obviously connected by their love and commitment to one another. When they look at one another you can feel the undercurrents of love. You can't fake that kind of stuff..well, I guess you can, but it doesn't usually come across as genuine. These two seem to have the real deal relationship.

I appreciated Michelle's candor about how tough marriage came be. I can't imagine the stress of being the first family heaped on top of all the day to day rigors a husband and wife face. Both of them are so devoted to their children. As a parent, I admire them both. I'm thankful for two extraordinary role models for my children and for our youth all over America.

Michelle mentioned she's so proud her husband becoming president has been and will be instrumental in getting little boys and girls of color all over the world to believe anything truly is possible in this country. Indeed, young children like my own will never know anything else. Their dreams will be bigger because another barrier was shattered when Barack Obama became president.

When a child hears, but also sees any dream is possible with hard work and perseverance the possibilities for their future are brighter, bigger...endless!

~AN

No comments: