Monday, September 21

Yippee!

Over the weekend I got my first writing contract! It still doesn't seem real. I keep reading the contract in disbelief. This contract is for one of my shorter stories, but now my foot is in the door. I know none of it would have happened this soon without a connection I made on FB.


The validation the contract brings me as a writer is huge. I am more driven to write. I have so many stories to tell and all I need is the time to do it. That's the tricky part as a mom.  I also submitted the first three chapters of my YA novel. I was so nervous shipping it off, but I couldn't hold onto the manuscript forever. At some point after all the revisions and polishing...you've gotta let it go.

Now, I have to wait and see what happens.  After my surprise this weekend I feel optimistic!

No comments: