Wednesday, April 28

No more babies!

Today, I signed my daughter up for preschool. She's 3 1/2 and even though some of the breast-feeding days and nights seemed sooooo long (between both, I breast-feed for over four consecutive years), I can't believe my littlest baby is about to go to school. With my son getting ready to go to Kindergarten in the fall, I realize once again just how quickly they are growing up. I'm happy on one hand and nostalgic about first steps and sweet baby coos in the other.

My daughter vacillates between being super excited to copy her big brother's transition to the classroom and clinging to me saying, "I don't wanna go to school!" Of course, I soothe her fears and tell her all the wonderful things she'll being doing in class but my heart goes back and forth between being excited and sad too. These are the years they really come into their own with new friends, new teachers telling them the coolest things in class and classmate opinions trump all else.

*Sigh* Am I ready for all of this? Yes and no. I'm excited to see both of my kids growing up and moving to the next phase of childhood but I can't stop looking at the cutest baby clothes when I'm at the store. No, I don't want another baby...just wish I could hold my two as babies one more time.

~AN

No comments: