Wednesday, December 1

Take A Deep Breath!

I don't know about you but I'm glad Turkey day is over! I enjoyed the time with my family, but I'm exhausted. I wasn't 100% happy with my Thanksgiving dinner which is a drag, but at least no one walked away from the table hungry. I can say my no-bake cheesecake was wonderful! Too bad it's all gone. I might have to make it again for Christmas.

The first snow flurries of the season fell today along with the temperature. Ole man winter is already unpacking his things, preparing to stay awhile. Brrr!!! I don't like a lot of snow, but I love it when it first falls. It looks so beautiful on the trees and fluttering in the breeze like a shaken snow globe.

I'm looking forward to putting up the Christmas tree. The kids are so excited and their excitement has reinvigorated the festive wonderment that can only be experienced as a child and appreciated as an adult. We're getting a real tree this year. I haven't had one since I was a child. I don't like the idea of using a tree only for a holiday, but the place we're getting it from only sells trees that have been replaced with a new little tree to grow in its place. That makes me feel a little better.

Plus, there's nothing like the smell of a freshly cut tree and I can't wait! By the end of this upcoming weekend, our home will be decked out for Christmas!

~AN

No comments: