Thursday, December 30

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011!

I really can't believe how fast this year flew by. Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and I've been thinking about what the highlights of the year have been for me. The first one has gotta be my daughter sleeping through the entire night. She just turned four and I wondered if she'd ever do it consistently for long stretches of time and at the beginning of this year it finally happened!

I wondered if I'd ever say goodbye to pull-ups with her. She wasn't interested in potty training until shew as two and half! The upside...she was potty trained in like a two week time period which was amazing to me. When she was ready to learn she mastered it very quickly. I was worried she'd passed some critical timeline on mastering the potty, but she was just on her own timeline. So, no more diapers, breast-feeding, pull-ups or inconsistent sleeping for me! Yay! What a milestone in mommyhood! 2010 has been the year I've finally gotten part of my life back.

I'm so happy to see my writing career growing. I've been writing feverishly this year and I'm proud to have published one novella, one novel and contracted two other novels for 2011 under my pen name. I wish I had more time to write, but I'm grateful to have the windows of time that were non-existent before this year.

2010 has shown me that the sky is limit to what I can do as long as I believe I can do it. The old sentiment "believe in yourself," isn't new, but I think each of us reaches a moment when it really, really, clicks.

2010 was a tough year for my family, but it also held a lot of lessons learned. The hard times showed me how much my husband and I laugh to get through the rough patches. This year has shown me that no matter what is going on in your world that sucks, someone else is having a harder time of it. I'll admit knowing that didn't help me from wallowing in self-pity, but I didn't wallow for very long.

So, I say goodbye to 2010 with a little sadness (my babies are no longer babies) and welcome 2011 with open arms. May the New Year bring us all many more smiles, love, peace and joy!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

~AN

No comments: