Monday, November 2

Manuscript Received!

Today, I got the postcard from Kimani Tru confirming that they had indeed received my full manuscript as requested. I still can't believe that almost two years ago I got serious about my writing and committed myself to finishing Mia's story. This has been such an amazing year for me in the sense that I finally decided to follow my dream of becoming an author no matter what.

With two young kids and a million distractions as a mother and wife, I finished not just the manuscript that's being reviewed in New York, but three other short stories. I've been offered a contract for two of those stories and I'm waiting to hear about the third. I'm thrilled! I'm humbled and happy.

We all have different dreams and some of them we reach for and others we just daydream about. All of us change through life as we grow older and experience new things and often times our dreams shift with us, but the core of your dream usually remains the same. It's the part of you that's truly you without the programmed fears and self-conscious hang-ups. For me, being creative is what makes me feel alive. Whether it's with my music or writing, I just feel like I'm the most connected with myself and the world when I'm in one of those two worlds.

This year is almost over, but I've learned so much about myself and what I'm capable of doing when I'm fully committed. What's your dream? Are you fully committed to it or is it just a daydream that seems impossible to grasp? Don't listen to those around you or the voices in your head that would have you to believe you can't do whatever your heart desires. You can because whatever your dream is...is a part of who you truly are. Be you...be brilliant!

1 comment:

Rebecca Rose said...

Oh Angela! That's wonderful news. You've worked so hard for it. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Becc