Tuesday, January 4

Resolutions for 2011!!

The holidays are over! I enjoyed them, but I wasn't sad to pack up the Christmas tree. I'm embracing 2011 with open arms. January is a special month. Most of us make resolutions for the year and look forward to a fresh start to reach or surpass goals made the following year.

Here are my top five resolutions for the New Year:

Personal:
5. Commit to working out. (This one never changes.) Winter makes it tough, but I've got workout tapes just waiting for me to push play. Why is it so hard to want to exercise???

4. I've never been a big meat eater. Shaved turkey sandwiches are pretty much the extent of my carnivore tendencies...maybe baked chicken breasts. After watching Food Inc. I don't know if I can even eat that. Great film by the way, I think I'll do a post on that soon. Anyway, my resolution is to buy and serve foods with ingredients I recognize and can pronounce. Not and easy feat, just look in your cabinet or freezer. I know fruits and veggies fit the bill, but I can't stay sane with just those foods. It's going to take some work to do this, but I'm determined!

3. Be more patient with my kids, husband and myself. I going to channel my inner Ruby (from Max & Ruby) and let things that drive me crazy, well, not drive me crazy.

Professional:
2. Submit to two new publishers.

1. Continue to build body of work for my pen name which is going really well, but somehow I've got to find time to finish the WIP's I'm working on as Angela Nichelle. There's gotta be a better balance.

There are more resolutions, but these five are the most important. I'm not going to stress myself with these goals (refer to picture above), but I am going to make every effort to achieve them. If I succeed, 2011 will be a great year indeed!

~AN

No comments: