Wednesday, May 6

Blogger Beginner

Writing has always been an outlet for me. Since middle school I can remember taking out my journal before going to bed to write down what happened that day good or bad. Having a journal was a way to privately exercise out the demons within on paper, while knowing nobody would read about my inner struggles as I poured out my heart.

I cherish my journals and sometimes open them to read about happier and not so happy times. They serve as a testament of my childhood, teenage angst and emergence into adulthood. I think everyone should take the time to write down the good, the bad, and the funny.

Blogging seems foreign to me even though I love to write. Who is this for? Me or the world?

I guess both and that is a little bit scary and exhilarating. I have decided to blog about my journey to become a published author and share some of my personal prose and poetry that I've already published online.

Blogging is a new journey and I am looking forward to seeing where it leads...

1 comment:

A Wildflower said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, Angela. I, too, just joined Blogger and have been very happy with it. I've had a blog at Advance for Nurses for nearly two years and wanted to branch out. I so look forward to sharing your experiences.