Sunday, May 24

Slow and Steady Editing

Boy, I have the manuscript done, but I know I still have to go through and reread and edit. In some ways I love this process, because it's liking seeing a beautiful picture that just needs added highlights or a splash of color here or there to bring the piece alive.

That being said, editing is slow and tedious process. Try to hurry and you are just skimming the words, not truly grasping what you are reading or what you really intended your character to say.

No, it has to be done when you mind is clear and your thoughts are focused on what you were really trying to impart in the written words on the page.  Only forty pages in and I am feeling a bit discouraged, because I so want to get to the next step of this process, but I know I can't rush this either.

I am love seeing the characters that I've created come alive with the dialogue or fall flat. This is my chance to rework and rewrite until it shines and I truly want it to sparkle.  So, I will take my time and pray that this process doesn't take half as long as I think and that it brings forth a story worthy of readers.

No comments: