Sunday, May 24

Our Shattered Love


Shards of you cutting into me
Distorted reflections of us looking back at me

I remember when we used to be
So happy
Just you and me

Long walks together sharing our thoughts
Time spent together never enough
Now look at us falling apart

Shards of us cutting into me
Crimson red rivulets bleeding freely

Wounds that won’t close
Gape open and wide
My weary bandages can no longer hide
Shards of you cutting into me




This poem is dedicated to anyone that has experienced true heartbreak, true disillusionment with the one you love.

I believe in the power of love and the strength that it takes to love someone else in a relationship, but I admire the true strength it takes to love yourself enough to walk away from love that hurts, love that doesn't uplift, love that is destructive.

No comments: